Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Rough Day For Mommy

Hudson,
 Tonight I put you to bed for the last time before you turn one. I'm not quite sure why this day was so hard for me. I guess it was a good thing I was at work and distracted for most of the day. During the quiet moments of my day I found myself getting teary eyed thinking about you turning one tomorrow, and this evening I'm a wreck! I'm not sad. I think I'm just overwhelmed with emotion. I think about this day one year ago. I was working until 11:30PM, contracting pretty regularly, but they weren't painful so I pushed through and finished my shift. I came home and snuck into bed because Daddy was sleeping. I went to sleep for the night. Woke up around 2AM with contractions that were actually pretty uncomfortable, I timed them for 30 minutes before waking Daddy up. I got into the shower, got ready, and headed into the hospital. I'll save the rest of the story for tomorrow.....
I promise not to be a mess tomorrow. I promise to hold it together.
I can not wait to celebrate your big day. 


This is the face you make when I say "Hudson! Smile for Mommy"

No comments: