Friday, October 7, 2011

18 Months


Sweet baby boy, I don't think it's possible to love you any more than your Dad and I do. You have transformed us into parents, and just when we think we've figured out this parenting thing you throw us for a loop. You keep us on our toes and we love that about you. Here's a list (in no particular order) of the small thing I never ever want to forget about you at 18 months. 

~You love to sing Happy Birthday
~When you hear music you start to dance. 
~Daddy and I tried to count all of your words the other night and we think you have about 24 that you use  often. 
~You are in your element outside, you would play outside all day long if you could. 
~ You love the trees
~ You are fascinated by airplanes and helicopters - you point and say "Oooohhhhh" when you see one. 
~You're starting to have a little more of an appetite lately, but overall you're still not a huge eater.  
~You still take 2 naps somedays. 
~ You love your Dasher.
~ You can show me where your nose, eyes, mouth, and ears are (and where mine are). 
~You love to wear hats- Sometimes I'll get you dressed in the morning and if I forget to put on a hat you will point to your head and say "hat, hat, hat" until we pick one out. 
~ You like to play hide and seek and "Where's Hudson"
~ You're starting to initiate playing on your own. Sometimes I find you playing in your playroom even when I'm not with you. 
~ You love to go on walks. 
~You have recently become fascinated with Thomas The Tank Engine. You love watching him on TV and whenever you want me to put on a Thomas show you say "Choo Choo" and point at the TV, or you find the DVD and give it to me saying "Choo Choo". 
~ When I got home from work one morning Daddy told me that you woke up on the middle of the night saying "Choo Choo" and then went right back to sleep. You must have been dreaming about Thomas. 

Sweet baby love, I am in love with your smile, your laugh, and everything you say. You have the best personality and you give the best kisses. 

No comments: