Friday, June 14, 2013

A few things I never want to forget...

Living with Hudson is like living with a little tiny comedian 24/7. The things that come out of his mouth crack me up! Heres a few little snippets from the last week or so. 

Let me set the scene.... Hudson was playing in the living room, I was nursing Sawyer in the recliner.

Hudson says to me "Hey Mom, when you're done with your bo bo's (and gestures to my chest)... can you just get me some key toes (Cheetos)?"


Here's another... 

I had been teaching Hudson my phone number, and we practiced it every night. A few nights ago I said "Okay Hudson, lets practice my phone number" and he just rattled it off.... PERFECTLY! I was so proud of him for learning it so quickly I called Matt in to the room so he could hear him. After he recited it (flawlessly again) Matt told him he was so proud and gave him a high five AND knucles. Hudson got SO excited and said "Yep, Yep, I did it, I did it, now gimme all the kisses". 
I realize as I sit here and type this that this is one of those sweet moments that I cant describe with words, it was incredibly sweet, I can only hope that this story in print brings me back to the moment years from now so I can remember how he said it and how proud of his success he was. 
I love this story for so many reasons, the way he said "Gimme all the kisses!" was just adorable but the look on his face, the way he was so proud and excited for learning something that he knew was so important to me just melted my heart. 


Here's one from today...

As I was standing in my closet picking out a shirt to wear for the day Hudson walks in...
Hudson: "Hey Mom! I have a plan!"
Me: "Oh yeah? What's your plan?"
Hudson: "How about you put a shirt on and THEN we go to Starbucks!!!"
Me: "Yes, that sounds like a good order to do things"

No comments: